As our campers continue to grow, our Lonehollow Leadership program is also expanding. By focusing on communication, teamwork, and character building with our teen campers, we hope to both help prepare them for life after high school as well as, bring their Lonehollow experience full-circle. We want them to continue to advance in their camper career until they are guiding and leading our younger generation of campers. The outline below shows the path to leadership we hope our teen campers will take.
Lead Climbers (10th Graders) – In addition to regular programming, Lead Climbers enjoy these select activities:
• Lead Climber only class
• A two-night out of camp trip
• Planning and budgeting for that trip
• Group collaboration and leadership training
• Speaking at the Final Program
Work Crew (11th Graders) – Extend your camp memories while getting real-world work experience. Work Crew campers will transition to Counselors-in-Training through this experience. Special activities include:
• Unique daily schedule composed of both work around camp and participation in activities
• Set up for and serve at picnics and Refuel
• Set up for and assist with Evening Programs
• Plan and execute a service project within our community
• Assist Guides in classes
• Attend continuing education meetings addressing character and leadership building
Counselors In Training (C.I.T - 12th graders) – This position is by invitation only extended to those former Work Crew and Lead Climber campers who have demonstrated qualities we look for in a Guide – hard working, commitment, a positive can-do attitude, and enthusiasm. Our CITs will apply for the position and will be taken through our entire interview and hiring process. This is a great tool as they prepare for graduation. CITs are paid a salary, live in a cabin with campers, and teach activities.